Amazon FSx for Windows File Server provides a fully managed, native Microsoft Windows file system that makes it easy to move Windows-based applications that require file storage to AWS.
Moving file storage workloads to the cloud has been one of the main ways forward-looking companies have been able to:
- Optimize cost by eliminating high CAPEX and reducing unexpected costs (software and hardware add-ons), reduce over provisioning, get exactly the storage you need and scale as you grow, and optimize storage space with deduplication
- Immediately gain agility and scale to better support business growth
- Have the ability to improve redundancy and durability by using multi-AZ (failovers transparent to users and applications) and backup
- Significantly reduce server and storage management cost and overhead
- Reduce footprint required in data center